Elton Recruitment is working with an independent educational charity who are located in one of London's historic estates in the heart of Bloomsbury, where they develop future leaders by providing a welcoming residential community for international postgraduate students and their families. Our client are recruiting for Administrator and Events Co-ordinator. This role will supporting the Dean in his role by arranging and co-ordinating meetings and other events, communicating with a number of stakeholders, providing administrative support and by maintaining all relevant papers on their behalf. It is essential that you have experience in working as an administrator supporting a senior executive or manager in their day to day operations alongside organising meetings and events. You will also have relevant experience in maintaining appropriate records along with excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Provide administrative support to the Dean in arranging sponsored events, receptions, lunches and dinners
- To follow up contacts, guests and Members as required, keeping outlook contacts up to date and updating any database information
- To research and collate information on behalf of the Dean, and to organise his travel as the situation may require
- To participate frequently in internal events (concerts, seminars, Port Talks, festival evenings) to help ensure their success and that Members obtain full benefit of the occasion. (This will include some unsocial hours working)
- To help collate Club and Society invoices and to perform an initial check both of the supporting documentation and of the current level of Club financing (in close conjunction with the Finance Office) before the Dean confirms any payment.
- To develop and maintain accurate filing systems, electronic and paper, as appropriate and ensure that these are consistent, available and up to date.
- To liaise with Members, Staff, Governors and external partners to organise meetings, and make arrangements and bookings for the meeting where necessary
- To meet Members and other guests of the Dean where appropriate and to contribute to the overall aspiration and vision of the Dean’s Office.
- To participate in the College’s representation at prestigious external events (lectures, seminars, cocktail parties, diplomatic/civic/commercial invitations, cultural visits), to ensure a positive response and maximum benefit to the Members This again includes unsocial hours and very occasional overnight visits.
- To support the Dean in the administration of Faculty Dinners and Dean’s Seminars
- To arrange hospitality for a variety of events
- To work in conjunction with the Events Manager to be a point of contact for College clubs and societies and to answer any routine questions asked by Members.
- Working as an administrator supporting a senior manager
- Writing correspondence on behalf of senior management
- Arranging and co-ordinating meetings and/or other events
- Appropriately contributing to informal and formal events when attending
- A pro-active approach to problem-solving and ability to react quickly and appropriately
- Good judgement and decision making and the ability to deal with conflicting priorities
- Strong IT skills including advanced knowledge of MS Office and extensive use of Word Outlook,CMS updating and Excel and experience using PDF editing software
- Ability to work independently and as part of a small team
In return, you will be working in a friendly and supportive environment in a pleasant central London setting with good competitive pay and working conditions. This is an amazing opportunity with a salary of £28K per annum
If you are interested in this role apply by clicking on the link below and submit your C.V