Elton Recruitment are working with an independent educational charity who are recruiting for a Alumni Relations & Fundraising Manager. This is a new post with responsibility for leading the Alumni Relations team and developing the fundraising function along with growing engagement with Alumni and supporters.
This role will be responsible for raising funds, developing and maintaining existing relationships along with building a strategic portfolio with Alumni and City connections and developing the fundraising strategy.
My client are proud to have been included in The Sunday Times Best 100 “Not For Profit” Companies to Work For in 2013 & 2014, Best Companies’ One To Watch 2018, and have been recognised by Investors in People since 1997.
- Developing, implementing and managing fundraising strategies, to engage with Alumni, stakeholders and institutional prospects, to generate donations and achieve strategic goals.
- Overseeing and developing the alumni membership database and CRM, utilisation of social media and production of an annual newsletter.
- Overseeing the organisation and hosting of the London reunion, and overseas reunions as and when required.
- Formulating and managing the alumni and fundraising budget, ensuring income and expenditure is in line with the business plan and strategy.
- Leading, managing and developing the Alumni Relations team
- Overseeing the programming, organising and hosting of the Alumni programme of events that enhance the alumni experience and engage Alumni
- Overseeing the organisation and support for the Alumni Council
- Ideally a minimum of three years’ experience in fundraising with knowledge of the charity sector.
- Experience in developing, implementing and managing fundraising and alumni relations strategies (preferably in an education environment).
- Experience in generating engagement from media, communications and campaigns
- Experience in managing, leading and motivating a team to achieve targets
- Proven record of increasing supporter engagement through a range of channels
- Experience of, and success in, corporate, major donor or trust fundraising
- Experience of setting, monitoring and achieving financial targets
Excellent benefits including meal allowance, defined benefits pension and health cash plan.