We are recruiting on behalf of our client for a Commercial Building Manager. The ideal candidate must have previous experience working within a commercial building environment. The role is to work in a newly constructed building within a unique mixed-use development based in central London. You will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the building and a team of 5 to 7 people including the Building Services Manager, Loading Dock Supervisor and the Engineering team. Your role will oversee and monitor tenant alterations and improvements to ensure that such works are carried out in accordance with the agreed guidelines and procedures, approval documentation and lease requirements.
- Maintain excellent landlord/tenant relationships and ensure that all services are maintained to the highest standard as required by the respective leases
- Ensure good tenant communications on all issues relating to day-to-day operation of the building and facilities provided
- Maintain good relationships with the general public exposed to or using the facilities provided by the internal and external building
- Set the scope and specifications for the cleaning requirements and ensure that the required standards are maintained through audits and SLAs
- Ensure that all incidents with insurance implications are reported to the Insurance Department and to progress the insurance incident report procedures and to keep all the relevant parties fully informed of progress
- Prepare and manage the service charge budget for the building and ensure that all such expenditure is controlled and monitored in line with the policies and procedures.
- Liaise with the Fire Safety & Environment Manager and the Building Services Manager to ensure that procedures are implemented in accordance with the appropriate requirements
- A relevant professional qualification with membership of a professional organisation being desirable
- Experience of premises and environmental management of multi-occupied properties with both office and retail space
- A sound knowledge and appreciation of technical and operational facilities required by prestigious and “intelligent” buildings
- In-depth knowledge of all aspects of facilities management and ideally have a strong background in office fit-outs, approvals and leases
- The incumbent must be numerate, possess excellent communication skills and have the ability to motivate/organise staff resources effectively and efficiently
- Best practice facilities management experience, including performance management, quality assurance technique
- Experience in financial and budgetary control/management
- Ability to manage multiple complex projects and write concise comprehensive reports
- Capable of implementing strategy through the development of policies and procedures
- Knowledge and understanding of Health and Safety to IOSH/ NEBOSH standard
Package - £70K + Excellent benefits
Due to the volume of applications anticipated for this role, if you have not had a response from us within 14 days, please assume that your application has not been successful on this occasion.
Please note that if you apply for this vacancy then you have given permission under Data Protection (GDPR) for us to share selected details with our clients for their related vacancies. This will be the only notification you will receive regarding this and we take the receipt of your CV as your permission to proceed with your application.