Elton Recruitment is recruiting on behalf of our client for a Residential Building Manager based in the Canary Wharf area. This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of London's finest residential developers. There will be approximately 1000 – 1200 residential apartments across 3 new buildings, with the first building due to open later this year. The buildings will offer amenity space ranging from a resident's lounge, event space and access to a gym.
The Residential Building Manager has principle responsibility for the effective and efficient property management of a new build in the Canary Wharf area. The role will entail supervision of staff, contractors and other users of the buildings to ensure an exceptional quality of management is provided. Also acting as the main point of contact for the residents living in the building. The Residential Building Manager will work alongside the Head of Facilities. The role may from time to time involve providing cover for other members of the site or management team.
- Delivering effective service levels and acting as the representative towards Tenants and Clients as appropriate, ensuring all areas and aspects of the development are fully presentable, serviced and properly maintained. This includes building and maintaining working relationships with all Residents
- Direct liaison and communication with residents, identifying areas of concern, issuing correspondence and resolving day to day management and maintenance matters. This includes regular residents meetings to keep them informed on all aspects of management
- Ensuring all Health and Safety obligations and Duty of Care are met effectively and that all routine checks are in place and carried out (to include regular auditing and setting of SLAs).
- To control and monitor the waste disposal and recycling operation of the building to ensure that the highest standards of hygiene are always maintained and by the wider management strategy
- The appointment, monitoring and supervision of any authorised contractors instructed to carry out works on and around the development. Authorisation of payment and conflict resolution (including approval of instructions and invoices as appropriate within authorisation limits)
- Promote and implement sustainability initiative set out by out client
- Supervision of the Residential Health and Fitness Facility, including supervision of relevant maintenance contractors, service providers etc.
- The regular inspection and audit of all areas of the development, keeping detailed and accurate records of such. To include prompt rectification of cleaning and maintenance issues arising or escalation of serious areas of concern and significant works.
- To liaise with the Estate Management team on the operation of the car park and storage lockers along with the infrastructure
- Management supervision of all staff dedicated to the residential management operation of our client site
- Knowledge of Health & Safety to include COSHH and RIDDOR and carrying out risk assessments
- Previous experience in High-End Residential Property Management for a minimum of 2 years (or other relevant experience).
- Monitoring of expenditure and financial reporting for budgets.
- Experience of relationship management with RMC's, RTM Co. and Resident Associations.
- Experience instructing and managing large contracts of work.
- Working in a high-end customer service establishment.
- Ability to manage own time and multiple tasks effectively, working autonomously and using own initiative.
- Commitment to teamwork and ability to function as part of a team
- Able to build a rapport and to maintain objectivity when dealing with residents and to maintain a courteous and professional attitude in all situations.
- Excellent knowledge & understanding of I.T., including email and Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Package – Salary £45K / 25 days holiday + 8 bank holiday / Pension / Private Healthcare
Due to the volume of applications anticipated for this role, if you have not had a response from us within 14 days, please assume that your application has not been successful on this occasion.
Please note that if you apply for this vacancy, then you have given permission under Data Protection (GDPR) for us to share selected details with our clients for their related vacancies. This will be the only notification you will receive regarding this, and we take the receipt of your CV as your permission to proceed with your application.