Are you passionate and enthusiastic and enjoy selling venue space? Do you have excellent customer service and sales skills and are looking for a new challenge? If so, this is the ideal opportunity for you. Our client is looking for someone to join their busy sales team. Our client has 25+ meeting and conference spaces, including an 800 + seater auditorium.
Ideal candidate will proactively seek new business and increase revenue, while nurturing and developing relationships with existing customers. You will also be responsible for developing and maintaining our client database.
You will play a key role in generating sales, interacting with new and existing clients by phone, email and face-to-face to promote our clients facilities. If you are someone who loves a challenge and would love to work alongside an experienced driven team then apply below by clicking on the link.
- Maintain regular contact with key accounts to maximise revenue for the venue. Keep accurate information on clients’ business needs and trends and to proactively use this data
- To develop business from all sectors and specifically the third sector at all times and maintain ongoing co-ordination with all the sales team to ensure successful operation
- To constantly monitor the performance of the venue and to develop strategies to rectify any negative deviation in the venue’s performance
- To develop a group of key cooperate accounts and maintain ongoing co-ordination with all the sales team to ensure successful operation
- To submit on a monthly basis a detailed report on sales activity, contacts, results etc.
- Research and identify new sources of business via telephone sales, market research, in-house sales, direct mail, cold calling etc.
- To actively promote other venues in the organisation, cross sell, pass on leads and information to the relevant sales personnel
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Understanding of working in an event or hospitality environment
- Good office and events administration in keeping records up to date and dealing with correspondence, quotes and contracts
- Use of a specialist events booking systems
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Packages (Word, Excel, Outlook & Powerpoint)
- Achieving sales targets for venue hire or a similar environment
- Ideally previous experience of working for a public / third sector is preferred
- Pro-active with attention to detail and ability to problem-solve
- Good time management skills and able to work well under pressure
- A people person who enjoys offering excellent customer service
- 27 days of annual leave per year plus three Christmas closure days excluding BH
- Generous employer pension contributions
- Annual season ticket loan
- Excellent training and funding for professional development
- Permanent Health Insurance (PHI) after 52 week continuous sickness absence
- Bicycle loan scheme
- Staff social activities
- 35 per week
Occasional weekend work will be required, however this is shared between the team and time off in lieu will be given if required. To apply for the role click on the link below
Due to the volume of applications anticipated for this role, should you not have a response from us in 14 days, please assume that your application has not been successful on this occasion
Please note that if you apply for this vacancy then you have given permission under Data Protection (GDPR) for us to share selected details with our clients for their related vacancies. This will be the only notification you will receive regarding this and we take the receipt of your CV as your permission to proceed with your application.