Elton Recruitment is recruiting on behalf of our client for a prestigious charity located in central London. Our client is looking for an experienced Events Team Leader to work in energy, ambition and a willingness to ‘go the extra mile’ This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to work within a small team and has proven track record of working within an events team. You will be solely responsible for all of the events/meetings taking place during the day at this prestigious site. This will include set up and tear down for each event. When you are not overseeing the events you will work closely with the sales team ensuring that the functions sheets are correct as well coordinating with the chef and agency staff. This role will require you to be flexible, there will be some weekend shifts and also some late evenings, depending on the events. You will be working in a beautiful Grade II listed building for an amazing forward-thinking organisation.
- The role is split 80% operational, and 20% office duties
- As Events Team leader you will be taking the lead on a variety of different events within venue the centre this would include setting up and ensuring event runs smoothly
- You will be responsible for running all corporate hospitality meetings
- It is your responsibility to ensure all agreed and necessary arrangements and preparations have been made prior to start of each function. This includes the setup and teardown of all rooms, including moving chairs and tables when required
- Ensuring that each event is managed and coordinated so that expectations are met and the event is consistently delivered to the clients high standards
- Training and development of waiting staff when required
- Office role will include dealing with emails, confirmations, preparation of function sheets and attending any relevant meetings
- The ability to build strong and lasting relationships
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and being responsible for managing the day to day events including set up and teardown
- Organised and have experience within the hospitality events industry
- Excel at delivering excellent customer service in a professional yet friendly manner
- Need to have excellent communications skills to deal with staff at all levels and be a natural leader
- Must have the skill to multi-task, whilst maintaining impeccable attention to detail in every aspect of the business.
- Must be a Team Player
- Need to be passionate about food and the service industry
Package –You will be working in one of London’s prestigious venues. This is not a 9 to 5 role, there will be flexibility in your start and finish time due to the nature of the events taking place. There will be times when weekend work will be required, however this is expected to be no more than 10 weekends per year.
- Salary: Depending on experience
- Annual Leave: 22 days + Bank Holidays
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life Insurance
Due to the volume of applications anticipated for this role, if you have not had a response from us within 14 days, please assume that your application has not been successful on this occasion.
Please note that if you apply for this vacancy then you have given permission under Data Protection (GDPR) for us to share selected details with our clients for their related vacancies. This will be the only notification you will receive regarding this and we take the receipt of your CV as your permission to proceed with your application.