Elton Recruitment is recruiting on behalf of our client for a Finance Assistant to provide an efficient and effective service ensuring that financial information is prepared for decision-making purposes and to meet statutory reporting requirements. This is an amazing opportunity to join one of the UK’s leading companies that promotes fulfilling healthy lifestyles by providing sport and leisure opportunities to over 100,000 members.
- Processing and paying invoices
- Recording receipts and payments
- Assisting in the preparation of accounts
- Preparing and checking ledger balances and other monthly and yearly accounts
- Management of the purchase order system and company expense system
- Assisting with the planning, budget, month end accounts and audits
- Credit card and other payments reconciliations
- Weekly Bacs payment run
Desired Candidate will have/be:
- Must be AAT qualified or proven experience in a similar size organisation
- SAGE1000 Finance Software experience would be an advantage
- Intermediate to Advanced level proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (i.e. Word, Excel)
- Methodical and logical approach to work with the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal, communication and organisational skills
- The ability to multi-task and work part of a team with minimum supervision
- Must be dependable and use discretion and honesty when handling confidential information
Compensation and benefits:
Competitive Salary (£24-28K) plus benefits
If you are highly motivated, diverse, and enjoy working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment then our client may be the place for you. Apply today!
Due to the volume of applications anticipated for this role, should you not have a response from us in 14 days, please assume that your application has not been successful on this occasion.
*Please note that if you apply for this vacancy, then you have given permission under Data Protection (GDPR) for us to share selected details with our clients for their related jobs. This will be the only notification you will receive regarding this, and we take the receipt of your CV as your permission to proceed with your application*