On behalf of our client, we are recruiting for a Loading Bay Operator to work in the Canary Wharf area. The ideal candidate must have previous working within a loading bay. You will support the Loading Dock Supervisor and provide a safe, secure, clean and efficient service for the building, tenants and legitimate users of the loading dock/car parking facilities. Competitive salary with excellent benefits package, based in Central London.
- To assist with the general loading dock operation and to ensure that all activities are carried out in a well-disciplined, efficient and co-operative manner for the benefit of all legitimate users of the loading dock facilities
- To assist the Loading Dock Supervisor in ensuring that all persons using the loading dock facilities comply with the agreed regulations and procedures
- To comply with the agreed procedures in the recording of all tenant deliveries by ensuring that tenants are promptly informed of such deliveries and that the necessary authorised signatures for delivered goods are obtained
- To clean the loading dock/car park/associated storage and service areas and to ensure that all such areas in good order and that hygienic conditions are maintained at all times
- To assist with porterage and storage of delivered goods or goods awaiting collection as required
- To ensure that only authorised and trained personnel use the equipment and machinery located in the car park/loading dock areas with particular reference to compactors and dock levellers. All faults and defects to be reported to the building “Help Desk”
- To assist the Loading Dock Supervisor with the delivery and collection of waste compactor containers as required and the operation of compactors
- To be thoroughly familiar and comply with the company’s “Health & Safety” policy and procedures and to ensure that the correct protective clothing is worn where applicable
- To ensure that all users of the loading dock/car park areas observe and comply with the necessary regulations and precautions in respect of “Health & Safety” regulations
- To maintain good working relationships with tenant representatives and suppliers/ contractors using the facilities
- To promptly report to the Loading Dock Supervisor any problems relating to the operation of the loading dock/car park areas
- To carry out other reasonable duties as requested by the Loading Dock Supervisor
- Previous experience in working within a loading dock or similar environment is preferable
- The duties will include some form of heavy lifting and strenuous physical activity
- Possess IT skills and be computer literate.
- Demonstrable ability to work unsupervised under own initiative
- Good organisational & communication skills
- Possess hand signalling skills
- Must have an appreciation of providing excellent customer service
Amazing benefits, pension, healthcare, 40 hours per week, shifts range on a rotational pattern Monday - Friday between 6am-9pm.
Due to the volume of applications anticipated for this role, should you not have a response from us within 14 days, please assume that your application has not been successful on this occasion.