We are recruiting on behalf of our client for a Warehouse / Loading Bay Supervisor. The ideal candidate must have previous experience working within a loading bay/warehouse environment. The role is to work in a newly constructed building with a unique mixed-use development based in central London. You will be expected to oversee the logistical service to all internal and external customers as well as maintaining a constant flow of goods and deliveries in and out of the building ensuring a safe, secure and efficient service for the building and the tenants. You must be highly organised and able to supervise, as well as motivate and develop a team. This role is shift based times between 05:00 - 22:00 Monday - Friday. The salary is £31,290 with excellent benefits.
- Responsible for the day-to-day operation of the loading dock and adjacent areas.
- Ensure all activities are carried out in a well-disciplined, efficient and co-operative manner for the benefit of all legitimate users of the loading dock facilities
- Ensure all tenants and other authorised persons using the loading dock facilities comply with the agreed regulations and procedures
- Ensure the proper admittance of authorised vehicles and that drivers are directed to the appropriate bays/delivery areas
- Record all tenant deliveries in accordance with the agreed procedures and supervise vehicle unloading and goods clearance from the dock area to ensure rapid turnaround
- Control and supervise the operation of the goods lift in accordance with the agreed procedures and use the associated computer software programme to co-ordinate and schedule this activity
- Arrange porterage as appropriate
- Promptly report to the Estate Manager any problems relating to the operation of the loading dock/car park areas
- Supervise the arrangements in respect of the collection/delivery of uniforms and overalls for building staff as required
- Carry out other reasonable duties as requested by the Estate Manager
- Check all deliveries quantity, size, etc against the delivery advice note before accepting or signing off. All shortages or damage must be reported and recorded on the delivery advice note.
- Demonstrable ability to work as a team player
- Demonstrable ability to work unsupervised under own initiative
- Good organisational skills & communication skills
- Previous experience in supervising/operating a busy loading bay of a large office or retail site is essential
- The duties will include some form of heavy lifting and strenuous physical activity, therefore, the incumbent must have the ability to undertake such duties
- Possess IT skills and be computer literate
- Possess hand signalling skills
- Must have an appreciation of the importance of customer service
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £31,290 /year
Due to the volume of applications anticipated for this role, if you have not had a response from us within 14 days, please assume that your application has not been successful on this occasion.
Please note that if you apply for this vacancy then you have given permission under Data Protection (GDPR) for us to share selected details with our clients for their related vacancies. This will be the only notification you will receive regarding this and we take the receipt of your CV as your permission to proceed with your application.