We are recruiting on behalf of our client for a Loading Dock Supervisor. The ideal candidate must have previous supervisory experience working within a loading dock/bay environment. You will be responsible for goods lifts and providing a safe, secure and efficient service for the building, tenants and other legitimate users. Competitive salary with excellent benefits package, based in Central London.
- Responsible for the day-to-day operation of the loading dock and adjacent areas. Ensure all activities are carried out in a well-disciplined, efficient and co-operative manner for the benefit of all legitimate users of the loading dock facilities
- Ensure all tenants and other authorised persons using the loading dock facilities comply with the agreed regulations and procedures
- Ensure the proper admittance of authorised vehicles and that drivers are directed to the appropriate bays/delivery areas
- Record all tenant deliveries in accordance with the agreed procedures and supervise vehicle unloading and goods clearance from the dock area to ensure rapid turnaround
- Control and supervise the operation of the goods lifts in accordance with the agreed procedures and use the associated computer software programme to co-ordinate and schedule this activity
- Arrange porterage as appropriate
- Promptly report to the Estate Manager any problems relating to the operation of the loading dock/car park areas
- Supervise the arrangements in respect of the collection/delivery of uniforms and overalls for building staff as required
- Carry out other reasonable duties as requested by the Estate Manager
- Check all deliveries quantity, size, etc against the delivery advice note before accepting or signing off. All shortages or damage must be reported and recorded on the delivery advice note.
- Demonstrable ability to work as a team player
- Demonstrable ability to work unsupervised under own initiative
- Good organisational skills & communication skills
- Previous experience in supervising/operating a busy loading bay of a large office or retail site is essential
- The duties will include some form of heavy lifting and strenuous physical activity, therefore, the incumbent must have the ability to undertake such duties
- Possess IT skills and be computer literate
- Possess hand signaling skills
- Must have an appreciation of the importance of customer service
**** Amazing benefits, pension, healthcare, 40 per week shifts on a rotational pattern including working 1 or 2 weekends a month including working AM/PM's and overnight shift ***
Due to the volume of applications anticipated for this role, should you not have a response from us in 14 days, please assume that your application has not been successful on this occasion.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £30,000.00 /year