Elton Recruitment is recruiting on behalf of our client for a Meeting and Events Senior Sales Coordinator to work at one of our prestigious client's sites. Our client has a number of flexible meeting and event spaces that can support an array of clients from charities and local authorities through to corporate, international clients and hold live music events. The ideal candidate must pro-actively promote our client's facilities within the venue. The candidate will also follow up enquiries, complete bookings, communicate with clients on the telephone, face-to-face and by email. If you are passionate about sales and events then this is the perfect role for you.
- The post-holder will be responsible for meeting monthly and annual sales targets
- Responding to all incoming enquiries to the department, writing proposals, conducting site visits with clients
- Converting bookings and co-ordinating all details relating to the event to actively sell the facilities to maximise the generation of external revenue
- Maximising income by retaining existing clients and expanding the current client list will be crucial parts of this role along with market awareness and product development
- Liaise with the Finance Assistant / Operations manager to ensure that all events are invoiced accurately and in accordance with financial regulations
- Train, supervise, motivate, and develop the Meetings and Events Sales Executive and Operations Supervisor
- Co-ordinate briefings and review team performance to ensure all team members are performing to their job specification and that a high level of customer service is provided at all times
- Line manage the Meetings and Events Sales Executive and the Operations Supervisor who oversees the operations team
Desired Candidate will have/be:
- Experience in successfully managing meetings and events sales and operations
- Record of achieving sales targets and delivering new business
- Demonstrable record of leading, motivating and inspiring teams to achieve strong financial results in a customer focussed environment
- A record of delivering exceptional customer service, individually and through effective staff management
- An understanding of commercial trends in the meetings and events market
- A thorough understanding of best practice in account management, meetings and events office process’s and achieving KPI’s
- Knowledge of alcohol and entertainment licencing laws, food hygiene and COSSH best practise
- Awareness of own and others Health and Safety and compliance with policies
- Proficient user of IT and conference diary systems.
Compensation and benefits:
Working week will be 40 hours, Monday – Friday. However, days and hours may vary depending on requirements. A flexible attitude to working hours and days of work is essential. Competitive Salary (£28-30K) plus benefits. If you are highly motivated, diverse, and enjoy working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment then our client may be the place for you. Apply today!
Due to the volume of applications anticipated for this role, should you not have a response from us in 14 days, please assume that your application has not been successful on this occasion.
*Please note that if you apply for this vacancy, then you have given permission under Data Protection (GDPR) for us to share selected details with our clients for their related jobs. This will be the only notification you will receive regarding this, and we take the receipt of your CV as your permission to proceed with your application*