We are recruiting on behalf of our client for a Membership Events Executive / Co-Ordinator for a prestigious private members’ club based in central London. This person will plan and promote between 40–60 events each year for members. You will work closely with the events team and club secretary. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is looking for a long-term career in events with a fantastic organisation. Core hours: are Monday-Friday with the occasional evening as required - No weekends required.
- Process club event bookings, reconcile event payments and acknowledge bookings
- Promote club events throughout the club updating the notice board and other areas on a regular basis
- Create flyers for events and incorporate in email newsletters to a Members of upcoming events
- Preparation of financial budget outturns for key events
- Work closely with the kitchen to ensure a suitable menu is chosen both in terms of quality a cost relative to event price.
- Liaise with the Banqueting Manager regarding room sets ups, numbers and subsequent alterations to events
- Create club calendar for forthcoming year and update the website regularly with any amendments
- Attend weekly operations meeting to discuss events for the following week.
- Meet and greet visitors to the department in a friendly and courteous manner, offering assistance as required.
- Acknowledge letter/emails and draft replies as required.
- Maintain an up to date record of contact details
- Previous event planning experience within either a private members’ club or 4/5-star hotel is preferred
- Ability to comprehend complex situations quickly and to provide creative solutions where appropriate
- Ability to effectively communicate and provide directions in a clear, concise and professional manner in both verbal and written form
- Experience of organising meetings/events
- Ability to work with staff at all levels, within and out with the organisation.
- Ability to communicate and liaise with Member/guests at all levels.
If you are interested in this role, apply today.