Elton Recruitment is recruiting on behalf of our client for a Day Receptionist to work in a 60+ plus bedroom townhouse hotel. Our client is situated in one of London's historic estates in the heart of Bloomsbury in central London. We are looking for someone who has either worked within a 4-star hotel or serviced apartments environment and has experience working in reception team. The position is based on working 5 days out of 7 on a rota basis and will include weekends and bank holidays. The shift pattern involves working between 7.00am – 3.00pm or 3.00pm - 11.00pm
We are looking for someone who has either worked within a 3-4 star hotel or serviced apartments environment. The receptionist must be a professional and enthusiastic and dynamic person who will be the face of the hotel and help to create an environment that makes the guests feel at home and keen to return. They will be well presented with strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- To welcome guests and visitors and ensure offer a five-star customer experience
- Responsible for carrying out all necessary operations when guests arrive i.e. check in / check out
- Manage invoicing and payment either card or credit cards
- To be the first point of contact for all guests and to deal with all situations in a courteous and professional manner.
- Check the room report and keep housekeeping team inform of any changes
- Ensure that switchboard is answered in a professional timely manner
- Assist in taking reservation when needed
- Report all facilities and maintenance issues to the helpdesk
- Assists visitors/guest with luggage when required
- To work flexibly to ensure the smooth running of the Hotel, this may include taking lunch and other breaks at more convenient times to help with business needs
- To respond professionally to a wide range of guest requests, and promote the Hotel and College facilities. Be familiar with local places to dine out, general information on the local area, directions, traffic & travel updates, timetables etc.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Passionate about providing delivering exceptional customer service
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary
- Provides assistance to other team members and departments to contribute to the best overall performance of the team
- IT literate including Microsoft Outlook
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- A pro-active and resourceful approach to problem solving and customer service Excellent interpersonal skills including diplomacy
- Ability to take reservations correctly and in a professional manner
This is an amazing opportunity, salary £21,404 with excellent benefit package
If you are interested in this role, apply today.
Due to the volume of applications anticipated for this role, should you not have a response from us in 7 days, please assume that your application has not been successful on this occasion