Elton Recruitment is recruiting on behalf of our client for a Reservation Agent to work in a 60+ plus bedroom townhouse hotel. Our client is situated in one of London's historic estates in the heart of Bloomsbury, We are looking for someone who has either worked within a 4-star hotel or serviced apartments environment and has experience working in reservation team. This role is to cover maternity leave (9-12 months) This position will primarily be Monday-Friday. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is looking to enhance their career and join a fantastic company. Competitive salary with excellent benefits package.
- To deal with reservation queries in a professional, efficient and friendly manner, and ensure all processes are done according to the Hotels policies.
- Contribute to the profitability of the Hotel by ensuring all upselling opportunities are converted both within the hotel
- Maintain and improve consistent standard of service while creating a working environment that supports the hotel values
- To open the reservations office and ensure it is ready for business
- Ensure customer service exceeds expectations and communication is clear and concise to all customers, internal and external.
- Ensure that ‘no shows’ reservations are processed and all arrivals are checked and correct, including payment details and billing.
- To ensure that all reservations are allocated to the appropriate bedroom
- Compile a list of housekeeping request for each day for the housekeeping team to action
- To monitor VIP's, and special guests booked in the hotel and ensure any special requests carried out and where necessary appropriate staff are notified of their stay
- On the direction of the Reservations Manager update daily rates on the PMS and any other OTA’s
- Ensure all bookings are processed accurately, efficiently and to chase provisional individual and group reservations
- Previous experience working in either a small 4-star hotel or serviced apartments environment is preferred
- Computer literate in Microsoft Word / Excel / Office
- Knowledge of property management systems
- Ability to effectively communicate and in a clear, concise and professional manner in both verbal and written form
Compensation and benefits: Competitive Salary (£23K) with benefits, start date mid-January.