Elton Recruitment are working with an independent educational charity who are recruiting for a Sales & Events Coordinator. You will be the first point of contact taking enquiries, providing quotes and promoting the venue space. You will ensure all communications are dealt with professionally and where appropriate passed onto the sales team. This role will be working in a small team reporting to the Events & Sales & Marketing Manager. Our client is situated in one of London's historic estates in the heart of Bloomsbury. They develop future leaders by providing a welcoming residential community for international postgraduate students and their families.
- Diary management for events including enquiries, site visits, liaising with internal and external suppliers including catering, AV, Facilities etc. Placing holds and amending bookings/requirements as required
- Act as the first point of contact for external clients.
- Respond to all incoming sales enquiries via main telephone sales line (re-directing as necessary) and supporting the Senior Events Coordinator with the events email inbox as required
- Understand the client’s needs and respond to them with tailored information and timely quotes to maximise conversion rates
- Promote the venue to prospective clients, deliver site visits as required and up-sell the venue and its associated event services e.g. catering (in-house) and AV as appropriate
- Primary point of contact for standard internal and college bookings. Understand and pre-empt the internal needs of our client (including regular bookings) and negotiate room moves where necessary
- Build relationships with new clients in order to obtain repeat business and proactively contact previous clients to maximise sales opportunities where possible
- Account manage new and existing relationships by providing an excellent standard of service in all aspects of your dealings and exceeding client expectations.
- Ensure all activities are cost effective and delivered within budget
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Understanding of working in an event or hospitality environment
- Good office and events administration in keeping records up to date and dealing with correspondence, quotes and contracts
- Use of a specialist events booking systems
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Packages (Word, Excel, Outlook & Powerpoint)
- Achieving sales targets for venue hire or a similar environment
- Ideally previous experience of working for a public / third sector is preferred
- Pro-active with attention to detail and ability to problem solve
- Good time management skills and able to work well under pressure
- A people person who enjoys offering excellent customer service
Occasional weekend work will be required, however this is shared between the team and time off in lieu will be given if required. To apply for the role click on the link below
In return, you will be working in a friendly and supportive environment in a pleasant central London setting with good competitive pay and working conditions. This is an amazing opportunity with a salary of £26K per annum.
If you are interested in this role apply by clicking on the link below and submit your C.V.