On behalf of our client, we are recruiting for an experienced Sales & Events Co-ordinator to work at one of our prestigious client's sites. The chosen candidate will work within a small team in a conference venue centre based in Central London. The ideal candidate must pro-actively promote our client's meeting rooms facilities within the venue. The candidate will also follow up enquiries, complete bookings, communicate with clients on the telephone, face-to-face and by email. If you are passionate and enthusiastic for providing customer service and enjoy sales, then this is the perfect role for you.
Package - £26,923 / 35 hours per week + generous holiday entitlement along with pension contribution.
- To respond quickly and efficiently to all in-coming sales enquiries, by telephone, fax and email, preparing brochures as required
- Follow up all enquiries, preparing proposals where necessary and facilitating show rounds with potential clients to show them our facilities
- Promotion of our facilities to new and existing clients through a pro-active approach
- To prepare quotes in a timely fashion showing creative thinking and flexible to win the business.
- To gather information for function sheets and preparing them ready for distribution to all staff and estate partners and other 3rd parties
- Processing all bookings and maintaining the function diary
- To ensure all details are captured correctly and updated for future marketing activity.
- Ensure function sheets are completed in good time for the following weeks events.
- Meet and greet some clients – manage the hand-over to another manager if not available.
- Cover weekend/evening events – as required by the business to achieve the best customer experience.
A minimum of one year's experience within a proactive sales environment, ideally in a hotel or conference venue centre
- Accuracy & numeracy
- Able to follow instructions
- Able to complete administrative documents/forms
- Excellent telephone manner and ability to communicate effectively with customers
- PC literate
- Knowledge of Rendezvous