Elton Recruitment are working with an independent educational charity who are recruiting for a Senior Development Manager. This role will raise funds, manage and develop and maintain existing relationships with corporates, trusts and foundations, along with building a strategic portfolio of high net worth individuals including their Alumni and city connections. They will also manage the Development Manager and deputise for the Director of Development and External Relations as required and work closely with the Director in developing the fundraising strategy.
Our client is situated in one of London's historic estates in the heart of Bloomsbury, they develop future leaders by providing a welcoming residential community for international postgraduate students and their families.
- To work alongside the Director of Development and External Relations to develop and implement the major giving strategy and other fundraising strategies to maximise income and retention
- To line manage the Development Manager in line with the client's procedures, supporting their approaches to current donors and new prospects as well as motivating and developing them in their role
- With the Development Manager, ensuring that agreed KPIs such as increasing the number of meetings with donors are achieved and exceeded where possible
- Working with the Executive Team, Trustees and other key stakeholders across the charity identifying strategic partnership opportunities and translating these into fundraising propositions
- Manage an agreed portfolio of major gift prospects in the UK and overseas with clear strategies for the qualification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of each
- Contributing to the development of a major donor prospect and moving the management system to ensure the appropriate prioritisation of donors and prospects
- Making face-to-face asks for major (£10k+) gifts from prospects and supporting senior staff and volunteers in doing the same
- Fundraising gained in a higher education or charity environment is essential
- Significant fundraising experience and a proven track record of success in raising gifts of £10k+
- Proven experience of having developed relationships from cultivation to solicitation to stewardship
- Experience with databases (working knowledge of Raiser’s Edge is desirable)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and a creative, proactive approach to managing projects
- Numerate and confident handling of financial data, able to assimilate complex information
- Confidence and professionalism to work with senior management and volunteers, as well as an empathy with and an understanding of the unique international nature of our client's culture
- Ability to think strategically and tactically, to listen well and translate ideas into action
In return, you will be working in a friendly and supportive environment in a pleasant central London setting with good competitive pay and working conditions. This is an amazing opportunity with a salary of £45-50K per annum.
If you are interested in this role apply by clicking on the link below and submit your C.V.